Saturday, March 13, 2010

"tank-too" and using the "paw-pee"

Abbey has picked up on a very good habbit, saying "tank you." She does this allllll the time without any prodding from anyone. You hand her a toy...tank you!, her milk...tank you!, give fer food TANK YOU!" (sometimes a laugh and little jig for food) Seriously, she says thank you a ga-zillion times per days. One specific time she says thank you is when we walk into the church building she will thank the greeters who are opening the door. Last Monday, I was walking into Wal-mart with Abbey holding onto my hand when the first automatic doors opened and she threw up her little hand in a half-wave and said, "tank you!" haha! She did the same with the second automatic doors. It was so cute and I got a good laugh out of it. Sweet little polite thing! I guess she doesn't exactly grasp the concept yet if she is saying thank you to objects.


Good morning beautiful! I am so thankful that I get to see this smiling face every morning and I am happy that I don't usually see it until about 8 AM. I love my good little sleeper!





Let me just start off by saying, no we are not potty training. However, Abbey suddenly developed a big interest in the toilet, (and all things potty related) so I bought her a sesame street potty seat. The first two times I sat her up there, she was terrified so trying to pacify her I grabbed a book she had carried into the bathroom earlier and she played with the book for a few minutes and calmed down. Well, she still gets very excited about the potty, but hasn't actually used it yet. I have been just plopping her up there for a few minutes right before her bath (she is no longer terrified). Sometimes she is very insistent on having a book while on the potty...hence the field and stream magazine in hand in the picture below. She is actually flipping through the pages looking for turkeys and saying (her version of) gobble-gobble-gobble. Thanks to watching a turkey hunting video with Scott while I was sick with the stomach bug, she think all things camo has to do with turkeys. Scott is so proud. :) Oh yeah, she calls it the "paw-pee..." to cute!


I know I just posted some pics of Abbey and Trigger, but they are both so cute and she is always hugging on him. At night we cuddle on the couch for a few minutes before bed and when I tell Abbey to tell daddy "night-night," she makes SURE to tell both dogs "night-night" and give them hugs.



This girl LOVES her books. All days long she brings me books to read and I have to admit, I love it! I really hope she grows up having a love for books and reading. Scott used to laugh at me when Abbey was just a few months old and I would prop her up in my lap with books in hand. He said I was going to force her to like them weather she liked it or not. Now we both know he is kidding (I wouldn't actually force her...just encourage). Sott will tell you he has YET to completely finish one single book in the almost 8 years that we have been married. He has started several and I have bought him several, but he is just "not a reader." I don't really understand this because I love to read a good book. Actually, I guess I should clarify, Scott has finished lots and lots of children's books as you can see below, story time with daddy.

2 comments:

  1. Precious and polite---what a combo! She is so adorable Bec!

    We're interested in the Potty too...and have been for a while, but I'm still holding off potty training until after she's in her big girl room and sleeping good in her new bed. I'm nervous about it! Anyway, glad she's into the potty and loves books. You know I love books too and so does Caroline! :) Book worms rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mason enjoys reading books too...I LOVE it!

    Abbey is so sweet! She is such a special girl!

    ReplyDelete