Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring has sprung!

Hooray for spring! Daffodils are one of my absolute favorite flowers for two reasons: 1. they signify the beginning of spring and 2. they always arrive just in time for my b'day. Scott picked these for me and Abbey on Saturday. He even put them in a mason jar (apparently none of the vases "fit") I love them. :)



Abbey has been sick (again!). She ran a fever from Saturday-Monday. Today we went to the Dr. and found out her ears are "completely filled with puss and bulging" - ewww. She has had a bad cold and every time the poor thing gets a runny nose she ends up with an ear infection. Since this was the fifth ear infection in six months if she has fluid in her ears one more time in the next month, we are going to have to go visit an ENT (ear, nose and throat doctor) to discuss tubes. I really hope we can avoid this, but at the same time I would love for her to be off of the two meds she takes all the time now, prevent the ear infections and she can stop being on antibiotics so often. She is feeling MUCH better today; unfortunately, she shared her cold with me and I feel pretty crummy.

She loves doing puzzles...



...it's always good to celebrate life's simple accomplishments. Especially like getting a wooden tree puzzle piece in the correct spot. There is so much sweetness/excitement in the little things about being with her every day. :)


Being silly one night about a week ago, I was putting these bowels on my head and then Abbey's. She made a little alteration today and put two on Trigger's head (he is so still - lazy thing!) and then exclaiming, "CUTE, CUTE!" Trigger only appeared slightly annoyed.



Two posts in three days...this must be a record for me. Since she has been sick since Saturday and then I got her cold, we have spent more time than usual at home the past few days which equaled two whole posts. :)

2 comments:

  1. love the pic on the paw-pee. she is a doll! and it is just the best thing in the world to walk into the room in the morning and be met with a grin and a laugh!

    hope you both feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry she's sick and having ear problems! Poor sweet little thing! Tubes really helped Caroline, but I agree that if you can avoid them, it's good to. I hope it clears up on its own!

    I love her little grin! Trigger must be a very patient animal! :)

    ReplyDelete