Lately Abbey has really been into our horses. She constantly is going to the window and saying "horsie, horsie, horsie!!" On Saturday when we walked out the front door she immediately started saying horsie and looking for them. She was on a mission and walked all the way around the house and down into the horse field and right up to the horses. She is still a little timid with them and didn't like it when I sat her on Charlie's back, but she loves "cha-tee" (Charlie) and Lexi.
Abbey and I got the stomach virus within an hour of each other last week and despite half a can of lysol being used at our house, Scott also got sick two days later. That was our first massive throw-up experience with a kid and lets just say....not fun! It is so hard to be sick and take care of a kid at the same time. Thankfully, Scott stayed home most of the next day and took care of Abs and me. This may be TMI, but it was just so sweet. At one point Abbey had fallen asleep in between getting sick and I asked Scott to run to the minit mart to get me some sprite, but before he was able to get back I got sick again. So, I was holding abbey in one arm and my handy bowl in the other and Abbey woke up right as I was "tossing my cookies" (gross, sorry!) and even though I know she felt terrible too she reached up and patted my face really sweetly and said, "hey...hey..." It was just so sweet that she was trying to comfort me while I was sick even though I know she felt just as bad. Sweet girl!!
The last two pictures are taken while Abbey is playing peak-a-boo. She LOVES for me to play with her and absolutely cracks up with I make funny animal noises instead of saying "boo." Sometimes she even makes requests for what animal noise she wants me to make. When she puts her hands in front of her face she always opens her fingers to peak out, but doesn't realize I can see her.
Emmy tolerating an attack/kiss.
A hug-tackle from Abbey. It is a really good thing that our dogs are good-natured. :)
Going in for a kiss.
Such a girl...Abbey loves her boots.
Waving "bye-bye" to cars as they drive by.
Peak-a
BOO!!



OK, those are the CUTEST boots! She looks adorable in them! I like the polka-dots too. :)
ReplyDeleteUgh, so sorry y'all were sick. We had something similar last year, except we were all 3 sick the same day. Stinks, but a unique way to bond as a family. :) That is just precious that she patted you..so sweet! Caroline has been like that since I've had the morning sickness. She'll hear me and run from wherever she is and stand at the bathroom door saying "Are you ok Mama?" over and over until I can muster an answer to her. I love our sweet, caring girls!