Wednesday, July 8, 2009

New camera & 4th of July

La and I took the kids down to AL last week for VBS at the Nix's church. We had such a great time while we were there. Their congregation really does a lot with VBS...very creative! The Nix's neighbors had a pool and all of the kids loved it! I think Abbey is going to be a little fish. :)

I should have known something was up when Scott called me several times wondering when I would be getting home on Thursday (I thought he just missed me!). ha! When I got home I found several surprises on the kitchen table. He bought me a NICE camera, camera case and zoom lens. I was soooooooooooo excited. I broke camera ours about a month and a half ago when my diaper bag fell out of the car (the camera was in the bag) and ever since then we had been trying to figure out what kind to get. Well, he did a good job and I am very happy...now I just have to figure out how to use it. It is a little more complicated than my last "point and shoot" camera. He said for another present I can take a few photography lessons. Yea!!

On the 4th we attended an 100 year anniversary party for the Tracy General Store. It was started by my great-grandparents (Mommy and Poppy Bush) and was then passed down to my great Uncle Reid and now his daughter Kay runs the store. It was a really neat celebration. The Bush family members were given matching "Bush family" shirts to wear. They had stickers to pass out to everyone to count how many people attended the party. They had 500 and ran out of stickers. There were tons of people there! They had two bands and a massive amount of fireworks, but we didn't stay long enough to see the fireworks since it started raining right before dark. Instead of cramming inside with everyone or under a tent we headed back to the lakehouse to play cards since we had Abbey. When we left about 2 hours after the party started, there were STILL people in line to get food. I felt bad for them.

Here are a few pictures I took playing around with the camera and from the 4th of July.


Playing on the changing table.

The Tracy Store (in Tracy, KY - by Barren River Lake State Park)



a few of the family. I wish we could have gotten a big group picture.

Mom and Mama (can you believe she is 88 years old?! I am so fortunate to have such a vibrant grandmother!)

Mama and Abbey (probably the oldest and youngest Bush in attendance)


Check out my two teeth. Abbey got her 2nd tooth while we were visiting the Nix's in AL.

Sweet face!

Helping daddy drive the pontoon boat.

Emmy

Trigger

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet husband. I can't wait to see your new camera. It will put me in the mood for a new one. ha! I'll just have to live through yours. =)
    Such cute pictures of your family. As soon as I can get my computer back from HP, I'll send you the one's of Abbey in the pool.
    Kiss to my favorite 9 month girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome gift! And classes to go with- very nice! I cannot believe that your grandmother is 88! You are lucky to have such good genes!Abbey is adorable by the way!

    ReplyDelete