Tuesday, June 2, 2009

It has been a while...

So...it has been quite a while since I have posted. Summer is here and life is busy. I love it! :-) Also, to complicate matters we are having a terrible time finding anything but dial up internet for our house. Long story, but we have tried several different models of some type of wireless card from AT&T, but nothing is working. What really stinks is we are only about 1/2 mile from the AT&T coverage area. So, I am reduced to checking my mail from Scott's iphone when he gets home, going into his office after hours or going to my parents house. Oh well, life really could be much worse and hopefully we'll have something figured out soon....not really sure what though?!?

A few weeks ago Abbey and I headed to south AL to invade Court, AC and Caroline's house with the Nix clan for several days. We had SUCH a great time. The kids all played together so great and Abbey seemed to find her squeal while we were gone in order to compete with the other kids. Blair and Logan thoroughly entertained Abbey on the drive and she did amazingly well for such a long drive. Caroline graciously gave up her room for Abbey and I to use. The first day we were in AL we didn't leave the house until about 2 in the afternoon. We were all up about 6:30, but it seemed like once one kid woke up from a nap anther went down....I don't know how you would ever go anywhere if you actually had four kids 3 and under! While we were with Court we took the kids to the beach, did some shopping, went to the park and just spent some good quality time with each other. It was great!

Later in the week La, Blair, Logan, Abbey and I headed to Ft. Walton Beach to LITERALY invade Momo, Mark and Kim. They were incredibly kind to let us crash at their two bedroom, two bath place RIGHT on the beach. Again, we did a little shopping, eating and a lot of bumming around at the beach. Abbey did really well at the beach and loved eating handfuls of sand. Crazy girl! She wasn't crazy about the water, but took a few great naps under an umbrella. She also got to "swim" in a pool for the first time and had a death grip on shoulder the entire time.

Scott and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary about two weeks ago too. SEVEN YEARS...it doesn't seem possible, but at the same time it seems like we have always been together. Scott suprised me with plans to go on a cruise, but that was just at the start of all of the swine flu stuff and warnings not to travel to Mexico and since the ship was supposed to stop in Casamel, we decieded not to go. Plus, I think a curise might be more fun once Abbey was a little older. We still want to go somewhere...sometime.

Memorial Day weekend we headed to Barren River Lake and stayed over at the family lakehouse. I love it there. It is so relaxing and nice to be able to spend time with a lot of the fam.

Abbey has changed so much lately (it seems like it is always like that). She is doing the "army crawl," going from any position and sitting up, babbling like crazy (bye-bye and momma but no dada!), squealing and of course laughing and smiling all the time! I bought her a leap frog table (yeah for yard sales!) this weekend and she just loves to stand at her table playing. She will sometimes dance on que and I have the sweetest video to post later (I forgot my camera).

Scott hung Abbey's swing up about a month ago. She LOVES to swing and be outside.




You can guess who is faking a nap in this picture. Blair insisted that I sing to her like I did Abbey and then tell her several silly stories so she could "nap" on the beach like Abbey. ha!



La took so many pictures of the three kids dressed up at the beach, but we didn't get one really good one. Abbey was ready for a nap and Logan didn't want to sit still either.



Matching swimsuits.


Trying to eat sand.














Abbey love loves LOVES Blair! Soooo sweet!








La and I surprised Caroline with matching PJ's.



Yes, she has red hair although this car swing makes is look pretty orange!


3 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I miss y'all so much! Come back! We had so much fun while y'all were here!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the matching swimsuits and pjs! Abbey is such a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO jealous! Looks like y'all had so much fun! And I love Abbey's red hair- not that I'd be partial or anything!

    ReplyDelete