Friday, May 8, 2009

Wanting to be mobile....

Abbey and I are headed to south AL and FL on Monday. We are SUPER excited. La, Blair, Logan and the two of us are going to visit Court. I'm excited to get to spend some quality time with AC, Court and Caroline. I am REALLY looking forward to taking Abbey to the beach. Pray for me and La...three kids 3 and under in the car for 7 hours! haha...I think it won't be to bad. Her kids are little angels and Abbey is so easy going. Katie, I'm wanting to head to Lexington some time soon too! Comment!?!? haha!

Abbey usually sits in her bouncer while I am in the shower. She is more content to be in the same room with me and this way I can get ready in peace. Last week I peaked out from behind the shower curtain and she had leaned forward in the bouncer and had one hand on the floor....good thing she was strapped in good! Now that she has figured out how to pull herself forward in the seat, she does not like to sit back. I think it is only a matter of time before she refuses to sit in the bouncer. She has already outgrown her swing. She pitches herself forward and get the swing all out of whack. She does NOT like to be confined in one place and would rather be rolling around on the floor.

Abbey is rolling and scooting clear across the room in a matter of a few minutes now. She is getting up on all fours and is wanting to crawl soooo bad. It won't be long! I need to baby proof the house. :-)

Last night the family went to my mom's retirement dinner party. She is finally retiring after 35 1/2 years of teaching! As she told me last night...2 weeks and four days to go! I'm excited for her, but not sure what she is going to do...she isn't the sit on the couch and watch TV kind of mom. She is already looking at different options. Congrats Mom!

We sold one puppy to my cousin Camille and now we only have four more to go. Abbey LOVES the dogs and puppies. A lot of the time she will squeal in delight when Emmy and Trigger come in the room. She does the same with the little puppies and just loves for them to lick her hands.


Playing with Blair and Logan. Abbey loves to just watch them.




Time to lower the crib! When she is sitting up she can pull herself up to her knees.


Trying to escape out of the bouncer.


Nena and Abbey at Nena's retirement dinner.






1 comment:

  1. Super glue her to the seat!! I'm making her be little for FOREVER. It's all going too fast.
    Can't wait for our adventure. Blair has talked non-stop about how she will take "good care of Abbey." =) ha!

    ReplyDelete