Thursday, October 14, 2010

Abbey's 2nd birthday party! - update 2

Abbey helped me back the cupcakes and brownie bites for her party. She LOVES to cook. If I even mention cooking something she takes off for the kitchen and brings a chair over to her spot. One of our favorite things to make lately is homemade pumpkin granola. It is soooo delicious and good for you too. It is great for her to help because there are lots of easy ingredients that I measure out and she dumps in a bowl. Then everything is stirred together and spread out on a cookie sheet.


At the end of the party Daddy broke out the water slide. Abbey and Mason had so much fun.


The horses were a big hit with the kids. We thought about having pony rides, but there was already so many other things going on and we thought the kids weren't really big enough yet; however, most of the kids came over and sat on Charlie's back for a little while. Abbey has even warmed up to the idea and I'm wondering if seeing all of her friends on Charlie helped. Last time we went to pet Charlie and Lexi she went from just petting them and freaking out if I put her on Charlie's back to wanting to sit on his back AND pushing my hands away...because after all she's "a big girl, Momma!"

Perfect weather!






Strawberry shortcake..Abbey's favorite!














No comments:

Post a Comment