Scott and I went on a family vacation the end of July and it was great and much-needed break for some family time! We stayed in a condo on Sanibel Island for two nights and then joined up with the rest of the KFB folks at an incredible resort in Ft. Myers, FL. Scott sure has worked hard and put in a lot of hours to deserve this vacation! I am in love with southwest Florida!
One highlight of the trip was when Abbey and I were sitting in the water playing about 3 feet from shore and a dolphin LITERALLY surfaced no more than 10 feet behind us. I heard the air coming out of the blowhole and spun my neck around to see the back end of a dolphin disappear. We were so close I could have stretched my arm out and touch it! The island our resort owned is at the tip of a bay and the dolphins entered by that inlet and fed on the fish in the bay. The water is only about 3 feet deep in the bay so it is easier for the dolphins to fed there.
Abbey loved every minute of the trip: the beach, the pools, the water slides and she did pretty great except for the classic toddler tantrum she threw in front of about 50 people at the end of the opening dinner. It was bedtime and she was coming off of waking up to leave for the airport at 3:30 in the morning, only taking a 20 minute nap and skipping naps on other days because we were just having to much fun. It was the first time that I felt like I was getting "the look" from other moms.
We had such a great time and I tried to talk Scott into changing our flight schedule and staying another day, but he just had to get back to work. I'm sure he would have like to have stayed...I could have stayed for a few weeks myself.
Well, that was our big July highlight. I hope it all makes sense, because we are watching a movie right now and I refuse to proof read. :) Thanks for reading. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment