Christmas this year was incredibly FUN and BUSY! In the weeks before Christmas Scott had several work related holiday parties we had to attend, several friends had parties, I was helping him in the office more than usual and we had a sudden burst of blind business orders. I LOVE this time of year with all of the decorations, shopping for others, family, food, etc., but am kind of relieved it is over. Abbey had I had a "recovery day" on Monday. We were perfectly lazy!!
Here are a few things that I love about my little girl:
1. She LOVES her bed! Today, she was getting kind of fussy and since it was nap time I asked her if she wanted to go to bed. She climbed down from my lap, walked into the next room, stopped to make sure I was following her and the proceeded to walk all the way down the hall to her room, get her paci from the bed and waited by her bed. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!! I think part of her bed-lovin' is because at home she is only allowed her paci when she is in her bed. Lately, she has been just playing in her bed for 20-30 minutes after she wakes up before she wants me to get her out. Every few days I'll go into her room when I hear her and when I ask her if she wants to get out she actually says "no!" and will walk away from me so she can stay in her bed. :)
2. She says "bye-per..mel-mo!" (diaper..Elmo!) when I change her diaper.
3. When she hears a big truck go down the road she says "DADA!!" thinking that it is Scott coming home. While this always makes me smile, it always makes me a little sad when she says this at 10AM and it will be 7PM when Scott actually gets home. Not that she has a great concept of time or is disappointed when he doesn't walk in the door 5 seconds later, but still. I guess it just makes me miss him too.
4. Her new favorite word is "help," but she often omits the "p."
5. She loves Emmy and Trigger almost as much as she does her mama and dada. She looks for them the minute she is out of her bed and gets SOOOOOO excited to see them. She calls both dogs "mem-me" (Emmy), hugs them, pets them and says "hi" to them at least a hundred times per day. They love her too and I'm fairly sure this has something to do with the fact that she frequently drops cheerios or other food for them (most of the time on accident).
6. I love how she says "soup" (zoup- in a high pitched voice).
7. She begs to brush her teeth. If at any point during the day she spots her toothbrush or Scott or myself brushing our teeth she is almost frantic to get her toothbrush. Can you brush too much?? Sometimes it is six times a day. Maybe she has a future as a dentist....
8. She will count to three to jump off her changing table, but never, ever, ever says one. I say one, she says two and together we say "teeeeee!!"
9. She loves for her dada to fly her around the room into me or the dogs. She laughs and laughs and the moment he stops she says "gin, gin" (again, again!") and will slump over in his arms and make the same noise he does when he flies her.
10. I love how she is getting really good at communicating her wants, even with her limited vocab and a few signs. She must be in a growth spurt, because I can't seem to keep her full these days. About 5 minutes after dinner was over last night she started into the other room and then peaked around the corner, looked and me and said, "bah bah bah cookie!" (bah-bah is her word for more).
11. Abbey gives bear hugs and makes a little grunt while she hugs you. so sweet
Here are a some pictures the holidays!
Thanksgiving/early x-mas in Kansas City, MO
Abbey loves dogs, even enormous ones.
..and cats.
Not wanting to poise for another picture.
Abbey and her cozy coupe. Her #1 favorite toy from Christmas!
#3 favorite toy, the googly ball or as my mom calls them the "boob ball"
Looks like Santa has been here!
We decided to start some family traditions this year, so we let Abbey open one present on Christmas Eve. She really loved this remote control car I found at a consignment store. Her face was priceless when she first pushed the button on the remote control. It was a mixture of delight and confusion as she was able to control a toy that was several feet away from her.
These girls LOVE their Nena!
At first she was afraid....
...then terrified. It is funny to me because this is the same kid that a month ago reached out for complete strangers sitting beside us on the plane and sat with them for a while. This is the same girl who says "hi!" randomly to complete strangers at Walmart and lets almost anyone hold her. There is just something about that man that is scary to little kids!
Shelby wearing some slightly to big tights. hahaha!
Abbey loves to carry around clothes - mine or hers. Sometimes she even gets into the dirty clothes hamper and when it is full she can reach things...like my underwear. Why does she go for the underwear?? I guess they are smaller and easier to carry. And of course there are the nice holes that easily go over your head :-)
Cousins - Shelby, Kate and Abbey



Sounds like you've got a sweet little one who is growing up too fast! The pics are great---she's just adorable Bec. I love seeing pics of her with her cousins, so sweet.
ReplyDelete