Abbey just about gave me my first heart attack at 28 about a week ago. I had to get something from the attic and while she was playing in the den, I jetted up the steps. I was only up in the attic for about two minutes. I thought to myself once...Abbey is awfully quiet....turns out the little monkey was concentrating so hard on climbing the attic stairs! I think my heart about stopped when I saw her. I was shaking all over. Once I got down the camera was within reach, so I couldn't resist taking a picture of the little monkey. She kept trying to climb up higher while I was taking the picture. I didn't think she would be able to do that at 13 months! Guess I underestimated her climbing abilities!
Halloween is sooooooo fun with a kid! We had a fun, party-filled weekend. We started out Friday with Abbey's 1 year pictures that afternoon. It was incredibly windy and I am anxious to see how they turned out. I hope my hair isn't crazy windblown in every picture. Thankfully Abbey and Scott don't have very much hair to worry about. Abbey had her flu shot the day before and wasn't feeling well either. Ugh, keeping my fingers crossed that we got a few good ones.
That afternoon we took Abbey trick-or-treating at a real estate office here in town and to Scott's office. Friday night we had a party for friends at our house. There were so many little kids in cute costumes! Saturday we made a brief appearance at a bonfire/hayride/cookout that some friends of Scott's were hosting and then we spent the rest of the evening at the Ford farm for a party they were having. Again, lots of cute kids dressed up!! Abbey got an award for the most creative costume...not sure what is creative about a ladybug, but we will take it! :-) Cousin Shelby was a bumble bee and the two little ones looked adorable together. Fun times!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment