Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Catch up (part 2)

Abbey turned one on September 22nd and this year has just flow by. It has definitely been the best year of my life. Scott and I were just standing in the kitchen several nights ago playing peak-a-boo, "get Mama" and other goofy games when all of the sudden I stopped and looked at him and said "What were we doing at night a year ago?" Abbey has brought so much joy and love into our lives and we both just can't get enough of our sweet little girl!

I think I might have forgotten to mention this, but Abbey started walking mid-August. For weeks she took two steps and would plop down on her rear and then all of the sudden the day before she turned 11 months she just took off while walking back and forth between mom and me.
Abbey says about 25 words, now granted some of these are "seee" for "horsie," "bahhh for "more," tay-too for "thank-you," etc. but if you are someone who spends time with her, you can understand most of her words. She has mastered quite a few including some the following: mama, dada, bye-bye, go, grow, nena, book, ball, baby, hey, hi, etc. She also uses sign language for please and more. It is soooooo fun seeing her learn new words. It seems like almost every day she is using a new word or trying to say something knew. Yesterday she was calling Emmy "meme." Sweet!!

She is literally ALL over the place. While trying to clean house yesterday I was picking up dish towels from the bedroom, make-up from the den, place mats in the hall and toys EVERYWHERE! I wonder how they got there! Abbey thinks if she is walking somewhere she has to be carrying something.

Here are some pics from her b'day party with friends/close family. We have another family b'day party on Sunday. Fun,fun!!










No comments:

Post a Comment